Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Top Ten List

Basically I turned off my brain filter for a while and just started throwing things on a list. By the time I'm done I plan on having 30 or 40 items on the top ten list which I will cut down to ten. Here it is:

Top Ten Reasons to Grill with Charcoal over Propane
1. Charcoal is cheaper.
2. Men play with fire.
3. Electronic starters are for pussies.
4. If you’re going to use gas to cook your food, why not just do it in the kitchen?
5. Charcoal allows you to manually control temperature anywhere on the grill.
6. It’s smokey. (flavor… or also that fact that it is actually smokey)
7. Nothing says I am a man like cooking for your family on a fire that you build yourself
8. Charcoal is more natural.
9. Propane can only get so hot. Charcoal can melt your face off.
10. Charcoal doesn’t explode under pressure.
11. Charcoal grills are easier to maintain.
12. Tanks filled with compressed gas are dangerous.
13. Charcoal is manly.
14. Propane is like taking your kitchen stove outside.
15. Propane is for women. lol
16. So easy a caveman can do it (they did)
17. Grilling with charcoal is fun
18. Grilling with charcoal is a family/American tradition.
19. Charcoal gets very hot
20. Charcoal grills are much more lightweight and portable.


This is obviously a primitive list, but I plan on getting the top ten list finished by about 10 pm tonight as well as all three ad ideas, the photoshopping is going to be the LAST thing I do. From there I'll look at what still needs to be done and tackle that.

Idea: I want to take two men playing checkers and turn the pieces into coals, unlit for black, and lit for red. The tagline would say: Real Men Play with Fire. And then throw the Basques logo on it.

Another Idea: A picture of the Burning Man from the art festival thing, but photoshop some coals under it. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. You know my thoughts on that, its just something that will take a bit of photoshopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning Man is cool, but how would it relate to the idea? Any way to rope it in?

    I tried to find a good checkers picture, it's harder than you may thing... we're turning these in digitally correct? (then the res only has to be 72dpi...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, everything has to be printed.

    ReplyDelete